*Also known as irritable bowel syndrome, IBS
Colpermin is a herbal medicinal drug especially meant for irritable colon syndrome, also known as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Colpermin capsules contain 187mg of peppermint oil and are indicated for the symptomatic treatment of painful stomach cramps* or spasms, bloating and flatulence.
Colpermin™ is an authorized medicinal product. For more information please download the Colpermin Patient Information Leaflet.
*People often refer to ‘stomach cramps’ or ‘belly ache’ instead of abdominal cramps or pain. Colpermin relieves abdominal cramps or pain. Colpermin peppermint oil gastro-resistant capsule is indicated for use in adults, adolescents, and children 8 years of age and above and is sold over the counter (OTC) in many countries.
- Relief of IBS symptoms in around 80% of patients1
- Dual acting for bloating, flatulence and cramps. Especially for irritable colon syndrome (also known as irritable bowel syndrome, IBS)
- Specially designed capsules targeting the peppermint oil to the small intestine and colon and having a sustained release. Relief where it is needed most!
- Already used by hundreds of thousands of patients across more than 20 countries. Celebrating 40 years of use!
- In 4 clinical trials Colpermin has been shown to work1,2,3,4
- Each capsule contains 187mg of peppermint oil
- Can be taken by children from age 8
- Produced by a gastroenterology specialist company and registered as a medicinal product
- Pure, natural peppermint oil as active ingredient
Colpermin by Tillotts Pharma
Colpermin is produced by Tillotts Pharma, a Swiss pharmaceutical company that specialises in gastrointestinal products. Colpermin has 40 years of use and in 2021 is celebrating a 40th birthday! Today it is available in over 20 countries and has been used by hundreds of thousands of patients.
Colpermin contains 187mg of pure, natural, peppermint oil. This is the active substance in Colpermin. Peppermint oil is derived from the plant Mentha X piperita L. (peppermint). Menthol is the main constituent of peppermint oil.
There are some other substances known as “excipients”. These make up other necessary parts of the capsule, for example:
- The capsule coating contains a hard-gelatine (bovine)
- Inside the capsules are substances that form the gel which releases the peppermint oil
Colpermin also contains arachis oil (peanut oil), beeswax and colloidal silica. Colpermin does not contain wheat, gluten or lactose.
Look carefully at all the Colpermin ingredients on the patient information leaflet (PIL). Click here to see the Colpermin patient information leaflet.
You should not take Colpermin if you:
- Have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients
- Are allergic to peanuts or soya.
For more information on when not to take Colpermin, please read the Colpermin patient information leaflet.
Colpermin is a hard gelatine capsule. The gelatine used in Colpermin is 100% of bovine origin.
Colpermin pack sizes
Colpermin is usually available in packs of 30 and 100 capsules.
Colpermin pack sizes, indications and dosages may vary from country to country. Full patient information for your country is available at your local supplier or Tillotts Pharma AG, Switzerland www.tillotts.com.